Sunday, September 14, 2014

IRB Intro #1- "In Cold Blood"

The Independent Reading Book that I chose for this first marking period is called In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Truman Capote is a highly-acclaimed author who is best known for writing Breakfast at Tiffany's. In Cold Blood is a book about four people who were brutally murdered in a small Kansas town. There was no apparent motive for the crime, and there were almost no clues. The reason why I chose to read this book is because from what I heard it is very similar to a murder mystery book except the fact that this actually happened! I'm really looking forward to learning more about this bone-chilling homicide. I hope by reading this book it can help give me insights into the nature of American violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment