Sunday, November 9, 2014

IRB Intro #2- "A Room of One's Own"

It's kind of funny actually the reason why I chose to read this non-fiction text. I decided that the best way to improve my writing ability both as a reader and a writer, would be to challenge myself with the most difficult task. I thought about what that would pertain, and indeed that's how I came upon "A Room of One's Own." The reason why this is challenging for me is because, well for starters I'm not a woman, which is the basis of all of Woolf's writings which are based on lectures she gave. The text as whole is regarded as feminist which as an individual I am not a big believer or supporter of. Please don't misconstrue my words and think that I mean to objectify women, no I simply feel that the way feminists attack society is less of "women need more rights" and more of "men have too many rights". This will certainly be a text that will put me outside of my comfort zone. I know that if I can handle this appropriately, I can take on the real thing in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment